Saturday, January 8, 2011

Good Things

meow. I'm actually in the mood to socialize/do something creative/worthwhile, but there's not a whole lot at my fingertips.

Less than two weeks.

Next weekend I'm going to a PPK meetup in Hamburg. PPK is Post Punk Kitchen, it's a vegan forum and it sounds super geeky describing it (because it is) but the folks on it are really funny and interesting, and I thought, hey. I'm in Germany. And some post punk vegans are meeting up in Hamburg for a weekend. Why not.
So that's happening.

This was me around 11am:


It is now almost 3pm.
I could probably talk about how I am living in a foreign country.
It hasn't really felt like that.
But when I go back to Portland, I won't be in Europe anymore.
That seems weirder to me than coming to Europe and not being in America anymore.
Does that make sense?
Who knows!
I am super bored today.
It is going to be very strange to not have Silas and Leonie in my life anymore. They have really become like little siblings to me. It's going to be so weird to not have them coming in my room just because they're bored. It's also going to be weird not being around Holly (the dog) and Findus (the cat) anymore. No more snuggle times, going on long walks, playing on the couch.
Will it be weird without Anette and Hans-Peter around? Maybe for a while, but I don't think I'll miss them much.

I'm looking forward to going home. To being more in control of my situation, and to live in Portland again. Portland is home and I am so happy it is. These words don't mean anything but they're all I can come up with to even begin to try to explain what I'm thinking/feeling. I want 2011 to be a productive and fun year full of experiences.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment